CNC Programmer / Engineer - (21000142)
The CNC Programmer/Engineering Technician is responsible for development and implementation of CNC programing into the manufacturing operations to meet production requirements and quoted cost. The major emphasis in process / method definition and development with technical support of tooling, work instructions, floor support and continuous improvement activities.
- The CNC Programmer/Engineering Technician is responsible for development and implementation of CNC programing into the manufacturing operations to meet production requirements and quoted cost. The major emphasis in process / method definition and development with technical support of tooling, work instructions, floor support and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and maintain various machining CNC programs for 3/4/5 axis grinding and milling machines optimized to meet customer design criteria and manufacturing cadence to ensure highest quality of manufactured components. Including software control, maintain programing library and revision, manage ISO and customer software audits
- Time study jobs to balance and define operator standard work. Generate standard work charts and process capacity table and compare actual performance to quoted estimates in current cost models (WPQ folder).
- Troubleshoot and improve operations including but not limited to fixturing issues, CNC program and/or parameter issues and expendable tooling issues until problem is resolved.
- Utilize SPC charts and other process capability methods to increase first time yields to within quoted standards and monitor data for trending analysis.
- Support capital projects initiatives for new equipment, working with customer and machine manufactures for the proper solution.
- Use QSI (P&L data) process to identify gaps in shop floor performance to standard and make appropriate method improvements to bridge/close gaps. This to include scrap and rework costs.
- Assist in cost estimating effort for repeat production jobs as well as for all new product introduction (NPI) requests and interaction with tooling vendors.
- Support Engineering and Operations to resolve technical issues with customers, suppliers and other Howmet plants regarding processes, purchase orders, specifications etc.
- Research, analysis and cost justification of equipment procurement.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement events and initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the shop floor personnel
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- This is an Exempt Level position. Compensation in the $60,00 - $70,000 range, depending on experience.
Minimum of 3 years engineering or operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
Associates Degree in a technical discipline preferred
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent (i.e., Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Working knowledge of statistical processing analysis software
CNC Programming Experience
Drawing and Specification interpretation ability (AutoCAD / Parasolid)
Detail orientated and ability to determine root cause activities.
Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Tools
Skills and Abilities:
Have S.P.C. knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Problem solving to root cause
Strong math (trigonometry) skills are necessary.
Aerospace specification knowledge is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; will frequently be required to stand, walk and sit. There are no special vision requirements.
Sporadic local travel may be required.
US WCH Winsted, Connecticut Winsted Indust Pk, 145 Price Rd Winsted 6098
03181-36201 Business Ctr #1
Hourly Paid or Salaried:
Jan 29, 2021, 12:51:34 PM
Minimum Years of Experience:
EOE, including Disability/Vets