SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
Stone Environmental, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated environmental engineer to join our Environmental Assessment and Remediation Services team. The successful applicant will work closely with our group of engaged professionals and a variety of partners, including project owners, responsible parties, municipalities, state and federal agencies, and other project stakeholders to lead the evaluation, design, and implementation of projects involving hazardous wastes in the environment. The candidate will serve as mentor for engineering staff, provide senior technical support for a variety of projects at hazardous waste and brownfield redevelopment sites, and conduct business development activities. This position will report to the Director of Environmental Assessment and Remediation Services in Montpelier.
Work will involve a variety of analysis and design; preparation of engineering design calculations, drawings, and specifications; technical research and report writing, senior technical review of client deliverables, and successful identification and pursuit of project opportunities. The successful candidate will lead, direct, and review scientific and engineering studies; prepare proposal scopes of work and budgets; prepare work plans and reports, plans and specifications; prepare opinions of probable remedial and construction costs; and direct and mentor junior engineering staff.
- The person performing this job will be responsible for the following functions:
- A strong interest in brownfield redevelopment and conducting environmental site investigation and remediation projects
- A proven track record in business development
- Proven experience in developing project plans, anticipating and addressing project issues, managing and mentoring staff, leading meetings with clients, and directing the completion of technical reports
- Demonstrated ability to work with Vermont state government agencies and contract vehicles desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to successfully manage multiple tasks and objectives
- Current Vermont Professional Engineer or ability to achieve Vermont P.E. through reciprocity
- 10 years or more experience
- Legally able to work in the United States (proper documentation required)
- Experience designing, installing, and/or operating remedial systems
- Expertise with assessment and remediation of emerging contaminants
- Expertise with assessment and remediation of hazardous materials within building materials and indoor air
- Team or group leadership
- Strategic visioning
- Direct experience with the Vermont Investigation and Remediation of Contaminated Properties Rule
Experience and Education
- A B.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering or related field is required.
- Ten years of relevant experience in the technical skill areas described above are required. An advanced degree substitute for two years of experience.
- Current Vermont Professional Engineer license
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page on our company website at www.stone-env.com to apply online. All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Stone Environmental is a 100% employee-owned environmental science, engineering, and field services firm.
Founded in 1992, our mission is to provide tools, information, and analyses to help our clients solve environmental challenges with integrity, expertise, and innovation. We bring together over 50 scientists, engineers, modelers, mapping and GIS specialists, application developers, project managers, and foundation staff with diverse backgrounds and skills—and a shared commitment to excellence, creativity, and accountability through employee ownership. Our capabilities include environmental assessment and remediation, water resources management, environmental modeling, data quality assessments, support for agrochemical product stewardship and registration, geospatial analysis, data visualization, and application development. The company is based in downtown Montpelier, Vermont with remote employees in New Hampshire and Maine. Stone is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status that is a protected category prohibited by federal, state, or Vermont laws.
Visit our website to learn more about services, as well as why we were named one the Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2019, 2020 and 2021: https://www.stone-env.com/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Our office space has been adapted to stay socially distant and wearing of masks while moving around the office is required.
Work Location: One location