SWITCHGEAR & CONTROLS DESIGN ENGINEER
IEM Power Systems is an industry leader in providing custom electrical controls, switchgear and innovative new approaches to solutions for industrial and marine applications. Our products can be found in data centers, renewable energy installations, manufacturing facilities, hotels, casinos, onboard ships, and at many industry-leading tech companies. This position offers an exciting opportunity within an employee-oriented company offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. WILL RELOCATE DOMESTICALLY FOR THIS POSITION.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will:
- create drawings and bills of materials from which IEM will build custom electrical switchgear/switchboards (control systems involving PLC’s, intelligent controllers and protective relays will be implemented within designs)
- write detailed Sequences of Operation on certain projects with automation components
- complete programming assignments of automation components, protective devices, or other electrical equipment
- travel to customer sites occasionally for commissioning, troubleshooting or evaluation purposes as well as travel for job training, project testing or other project related business (should not exceed 30%)
- A BSEE or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years working in a power and/or control (PLC system) related field is a must, including an understanding of basic electrical and control system principles and a familiarity with reading electrical schematics, three-line diagrams and control/communications diagrams.
- Previous hands-on field experience, willingness to travel and a familiarity with Microsoft Office products is also required.
- AutoCAD experience, knowledge of IEEE/ANSI C37.20 and UL891/1558 design guidelines and NFPA70E are desirable.
- A positive attitude, attention to detail, pride in workmanship and working well within a team are traits that would describe a successful engineer in our field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
- Power Management System Design: 1 year (Required)
- Switchgear Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
Company's Facebook page: