Diekema Hamann Engineering, LLC (DHE) is a premier mechanical and electrical engineering design firm in the architecture industry working primarily in large campus environments such as healthcare, education and government. Since its organization in 2003, DHE has enjoyed tremendous growth and now has three locations: Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, Michigan and Phoenix, Arizona.
DHE is committed to each other, our clients, our communities, and our environment. We take pride in being problem-solvers, collaborators, innovators, and life-long learners. We value creativity, hard work, and a healthy office culture.
Position Description & Responsibilities
DHE is looking for a full-time electrical engineer to work as part of an integrated, multi-disciplined design team in our Kalamazoo, MI or Grand Rapids, MI office. Responsibilities will consist of electrical system design and commissioning, including power distribution (including essential electrical systems), lighting, and special systems (i.e., fire alarm, nurse call, telephone, or data network distribution infrastructure). The best person for the job will be able to succeed in a casual work environment with a client-focused, yet highly professional culture. Curiosity is a must.
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in engineering, 3+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering and be licensed or capable of obtaining professional engineering licensure. Individual shall be fluent in AutoCad and/or Revit as well as Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with SKM Power Tools, ComCheck, LEED, and/or maintaining commissioning credentials would also be a plus.
Remarkable benefit package, including:
· 100% company paid premiums for employee and eligible spouse and dependents for medical and dental plans
· 100% company paid premiums for employee term life and disability plans
· Voluntary vision available
· Employer contribution to Health Savings Account for annual out of pocket medical deductibles
· Company matched 401k retirement plan with pre-and post-tax contribution options after waiting period
· Minimum 80 hours paid time off in the first year
· Paid holidays
· Company mobile service plan or “Bring Your Own” stipend option
· Computer hardware, software and peripherals provided
Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19