Atlantic Towing Limited is a well established and growing marine transportation company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs and Offshore Supply Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland. We are currently seeking applications for the position of Junior Project/Sustainability Engineer to join our growing team of Marine Professionals.
The Junior Project Engineer / Sustainability Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop/review specifications and designs for major refits and upgrades
- Contract management and on-site supervision for major refits and upgrades
- Research solutions to technical problems within the fleet
- Monitor future regulation changes and their impact on the company’s operations
- Manage the company’s environmental sustainability programs, including annual environmental improvement projects, ISO 14001 compliance and verification, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, and evaluation and implementation of fuel analytics programs
- Support the Operations department with dry docking activities for company vessels
- Offshore attendance including approval of marine operations, vessel surveys
- Participation in risk assessments
- Contribute to preparation of proposals for bids and tenders
- Technical liaison with customers
- Technical liaison with major suppliers
- Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Architecture or Mechanical / Marine Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of naval architectural principles & or mechanical / marine engineering fundamentals
- Attention to detail and a high level of technical competence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, able to show initiative in problem solving
- Able to demonstrate skilled knowledge in analyzing technical solutions
- Experience working with regulatory bodies, i.e. Transport Canada and Classification societies
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and priorities, well organized and comfortable working with data
- Demonstrates strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.