The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow Company policies and display conduct expected of Norplas employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Participate and support all Lean, Continuous Improvement Programs, initiatives and activities.
- Be flexible with work schedule to work varying hours due to availability of time to work on machine issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assembly Automation Manager and or Senior Automation Engineer.
- Design, maintain, and continuously improve all Assembly robotic equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Manage all phases of secondary equipment to ensure successful new program launches.
- Continuously improve secondary equipment and assembly processes through increasing machine uptime and capability while decreasing machine cycle time.
- Implement error proofing systems throughout the department.
- Review and implement new technologies.
- Assist with investigating equipment and part quality issues and implement effective action plans.
- Provide training and guidance on robotic equipment to all department personnel.
- Provide training for all Assembly Team members operation of Assembly machines and technology.
- Ensure all robot programs are backed up and up to date.
- Respond to downtime.
- Design, install, and maintain assembly end of line testing systems.
- Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve or products, processes, and equipment.
- Implement error-proofing (poka-yoke) systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors.
- Assist in launching new programs by assisting with secondary equipment builds.
- Review secondary equipment with regards to machine operation.
- Assist in creating effective PM’s for new equipment.
- Implement continuous improvement projects to improve machine capabilities.
- Support LEAN manufacturing including lean thinker and winning teams’ programs.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other Magna divisions, as well as other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Internal machine builds.
- Manage special projects.
- Some travel will be required periodically to support off site assembly and sequencing operations.
- Support and improve departmental KOI’s that include:
o Correcting handling damage (HD) causes.
o Reducing costs by eliminating waste.
o Improving PM completion percentage.
o Reducing robotic downtime.
o Secondary equipment readiness.
- Support maintenance and engineering activities, including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all equipment, consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
- Assist process engineers.
- Assist other departments.
- Available to work weekends as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Science or Technology area or 5 years related work experience in a technical field. Additional Information
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD, Solid works).
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and participate as a team player.
- Robotic programming and troubleshooting preferably with ABB products.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting, preferably with Allen-Bradley products.
- HMI software programming, preferably with Factory Talk software.
- Machine vision system programming.
- Machine design, build, and troubleshooting experience.
- Automation and controls experience.
- Project management experience.