Would you like to join the Logistics Company for the World? Have you often wondered how products get from point A to point B? DHL Supply Chain does just that.
Become an essential part of everyday life, by contributing to an organization that is Connecting People and Improving Lives. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities… we look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
Support the management and continuous improvement of the quality assurance program through proven methods to analyze performance and design processes for repeatable and reproducible quality excellence. Responsibilities support the requirements of the quality management system including CAPA, training, internal processes audits, and documentation development. Position is responsible to develop sustainable corrective actions to reduce reoccurrence of non-conformance and develop inspection criteria to measure reliability and sustainability of process.
- Maintain required tasks and ensure continuous improvement of the overall quality system, including management review, CAPA management, training, internal quality audits, quality self-assessments, change control, document control, and standard operating procedures/work instructions.
- Analyze quality performance utilizing using statistical and analytical tools and methods.
- Implement methods to inspect and evaluate reliability and accuracy of processes.
- Apply proven methods and tools to maintain and improve standards of quality throughout every step of the production process.
- Develop and establish quality procedures and systems for inspecting plans and quality trends.
- Ensure process control documents adhere with set requirements.
- Ensure on time processing of non-conforming components.
- Coordinate with customers relating to quality trends, performance and corrective action.
- Interact with customer for new parts duction to review and verify critical requirements prior to NPI.
- Interact with operations and engineering teams to optimize documentation related to quality and inspection checks.
- Participate in select key regulatory, customer and 3rd party audits.
- Supervise Quality Technicians within the site, as applicable.
- Track and maintain quality assurance metrics for the facility.
- Act as a customer contact for QA related issues/initiatives as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 2-4 years relevant work experience, required
- Certification related to quality control (RAC, Six-Sigma, etc.), preferred
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in a regulated environment such as FDA - USA, Health Canada etc.
- Participation in a successful standards organization registration in a complex environment, preferred
- Project management and Logistics industry experience, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.