ViaOne Services is hiring a senior level Software Developer who has a strong proficiency in Java. This person has to strike the right balance between remaining completely technically focused but also be able to work with co-workers and clients in a disarming way that allows people to feel comfortable to approach with questions. This candidate will be the expert and has to be willing to build partnerships and bridge relationships.
ViaOne Services as a company is dedicated to the exceptional performance of our employees. In return will care for our employees by way of a robust affordable healthcare and most importantly - a fully stocked kitchen to keep the energy high!
- In this role, you will be personally responsible for working through the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) - meet with internal clients to gather requirements, design and propose software solutions, and be personally responsible for coding, testing, release and ongoing maintenance
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Candidate needs to be willing to closely work with and learn the operations of other teams to better match solutions with day to day needs
- Learn existing software solutions, provide ongoing maintenance, and develop regular updates to enhance capabilities
- Ideally, candidate will possess a strong mastery in translating user stories and problem statements into workable solutions focusing on UX/UI components easily understood by hourly associates
- Create and maintain documentation detailing software functionality and use
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Technical Skills - must be proficient in troubleshooting
- Professional working proficiency in Java, NodeJS Framework (Meteor), SQL, and NoSQL.
- Familiar with deploying and maintaining REST Web Services (Java Jersey/Grizzly)
- Can read and interpret technical documents at a high level
- A familiarity with cloud computing services. (From the Amazon Web Services Catalog - DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, S3, Route53)
- The ability to navigate and maintain various operating systems Windows Server (2012 & 2016), Linux Server (Ubuntu), Windows, MacOS
- Proficient in Maintaining Legacy systems
Please note that we do not use outside recruiting agencies. This is not an opportunity that is being offered a sponsorship. Locals candidates urged to apply as this is an on-site position - no remote option available. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off