JOB DESCRIPTION APPLICATION ENGINEER
Pillar Induction a leading supplier of custom designed Induction Heating and Melting Equipment located in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. Pillar has been in business since 1967 supplying innovative solutions. We provide complete systems for induction heat-treating, mass heating, crystal growing, coreless induction melting, brazing, and other continuous or selective heating applications. A division of Ajax-Tocco Magnethermic that is a Global Supplier of Induction Solutions with manufacturing and support facilities in 12 countries.
Job Description: Act as liaison between the customer and the Company on technical matters regarding product application, sales, installation and service which requires analyzing customers’ needs, preparing specifications, cost estimate proposals and presentations to customers.
- Implement a sales process that clearly defines the customer’s challenge and their concept for a solution.
- Leverage technical product and application knowledge to provide high quality solutions to automation and induction heating challenges.
- Presents technical solutions to customer after understanding customer’s production requirements with its challenges and needs.
- Work in a team selling environment to leverage expertise across the sales team.
- Continuously learn the Induction Heating and Melting industrial trends and Pillar’s solutions that relate to those trends.
- 3 to 10 years of related technical sales experience preferred.
- Engineering or Technical degree preferred.
- Industrial automation experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of our organization.
- Attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-disciplined with a high sense of urgency to be a collaborative business partner.
- Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- CAD skills (2D AutoCAD, 3D experience)
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10% both domestically and internationally as needed
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent our company with integrity
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid Vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD Software: 1 year (Required)
- Technical Sales: 3 years (Required)