An experienced Lead Developer Programmer with demonstrated experience in developmental test and evaluation techniques. The work will support the Code A Strategic Systems and Computing Department at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division.
As the Lead Developer Programmer you will:
Support various program offices and projects including NAVSEA, NAVAIR, MARCORSYSCOM, Strategic Systems Programs, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command (AFLCMC), Joint Cyber Command and Control (JCC2).
Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Lead Developer Programmer:
Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, panels, boards, and working groups to report programmatic and technical status and report contractor activities and issues, meetings, panels, and boards such as technical review boards (i.e.; preliminary design, critical design, and formulation review boards), Change Control Board (CCB), formal reviews and inspections, Developer Test Review (DTR), Test Readiness Reviews, In-Process Reviews, Load Baseline Readiness Reviews, Test Baseline Readiness Reviews, Software Deployment Readiness Reviews, Release Testing Review (RTR), Pre-Release Testing Review (PRTR) and Release Readiness Review (RRR) in addition to Sprint Reviews.
Provide senior oversight to software test reviews and provide test recommendations to Government program office
The fundamental purpose of the team is to provide effective and affordable DT&E information for a program team of engineers and decision-makers for the purpose of risk management, measuring progress, and characterize operational effectiveness, suitability and survivability (including cybersecurity) for all development and test phases beginning with the design process through delivery and sustainment.
This mission is important because it includes development, test, and evaluation support of a variety of weapons systems, weapons control systems, and warfare systems, notably, Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM), Ballistic Missile Submarine (SSBN), Guided Missile Submarine (SSGN), Strategic Weapons System (SWS), Launcher Control System, Attack Weapons System (AWS), Nuclear Planning and Execution System (NPES), AEGIS (both land- and sea-based), the Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS), Coast Guard Cutters, DDG-1000, Combined Integrated Air and Missile Defense Antisubmarine Warfare Trainer (CIAT), Guided Missile Frigate (FFG(X )), and other tactical Navy and Marine Corps programs, as well as cyberspace programs such as the Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS).
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics, and at least ten (10) years of data structuring, system design and programming experience; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics, and at least five (5) years of data structuring, system design and programming experience; or
- Experience, ten (10) years of a demonstrated knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to specific technical disciplines of the SOW including five (5) years of experience of data structuring, system design and programming experience and the qualifications below.
The Lead Programmer/Developer engineer requires the expertise to provide leadership and vision for the development of operation solutions by guiding development of program specifications, overseeing testing efforts, and leading programmers. Plans programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications. Review, evaluate, and analyze design interfaces. Prepare, review, and evaluate interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures. Possess high-level programming languages, including Java, and proven experience in software development methodologies. Perform software design, code, and testing on naval information systems.
- Ten (10) years expertise in the following areas:
- Providing coordination with software programmers and business application developers to create properly sized and properly functioning database structures various business applications;
- Planning and implementation of upgrades and evolution strategies for databases;
- Serving as point of contact for database design;
- Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) experience and skills, preferably in an Oracle environment;
- Senior Level experience writing data-driven web applications;
- Experience writing data-drive web application with SQL and Oracle;
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX shell programming, Perl, Procedural Language for SQL (PL/SQL), and SQL;
- Ability to understand business processes and readily map those processes to SQL code.
- Ability to troubleshoot customer reported issues through code and/or data analysis;
- Ability to read product specifications and implement those specifications using SQL and UNIX scripting;
- Knowledge and experience with both Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) databases;
- Experience providing quality assurance, cyber security, and validation for all database initiatives;
- Knowledge in the application of new Modeling and Simulation (M&S) technologies;
- Advanced experience with Oracle database management systems to manage information.
- Ability to communicate and document concepts via the generation of Configuration Management (CM) documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), white papers, presentations, training packages, and technical data packages
Experience and familiarity with command operations at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD)