Senior Engineering Optical-Tooling Designer - JUA1056
Senior Engineering Optical-Tooling Designer
Develops, designs, and manufacture methods for the tooling area.
- Design Mold Components and Tools
- Design Optical Tooling
- Generating Cutting Program (Tooling)
- Plastic Part Design
- Non-optical Tooling Component Design
- Material Procurement for Insert Mfg.
- Material Procurement for Tooling Manufacture
- Metrology Expertise on Lens Design Aspect
- Assuring Compliance with Laws & Regulations
- SOP Generation/ Review and Approval
- Mentor and coach Technical Innovation Team to obtain scientific results through the group.
- Develop experimental design to obtain the information required.
- Provide work direction to the technicians and other technical positions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of: CGMP (QSR); automation and controls; validations, design control, SOP’s, tooling and CAD/CAM.
- CAD/CAM literate is a must.
- Knowledge of contact lens geometry and optical correction properties is preferred.
- Lens manufacturing knowledge is preferred.
- Programing knowledge in Visual Basic and Matlab.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Computer literate.
- Willing to travel.
Generally works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with moderate level of noise and controllable changes of temperature.
- Needs to stand, walk and may be seated for a long period of time.
- Uses hands to feel, finger or handle and reach.
- Performs light physical effort with little exposure to adverse conditions.
- Could be required to travel.
- Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports.
- Applies communication skills (advance reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
- Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgement to resolve problems.
- Incumbent could works near moving mechanical parts.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineer.
1. Three years of minimum experience in a medical devices/ pharmaceutical industry.
2. Five years minimum experience in tooling operations.
3. Two years minimum experience in Optical Tooling Designer.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Puerto Rico-Juana Diaz