The Lifestyle Director serves as the manager of resident programs to include recreational, social, cultural, travel, and entertainment designed to enrich the quality of life and enhance the vibrancy of the community for residents. In support of the Marketing and New Home Sales teams, the Lifestyle Manager will provide informative and engaging community tours and overviews to prospective homeowners. The position of Lifestyle Director is not just a weekday desk job, so the qualified candidate must be able to work hours that are flexible and will include some nights, weekends, and holidays.
Your Key Deliverables
- Responsible for the daily overall functioning of the Experience Center ensuring all homeowners and guests are greeted with a welcome and smile.
- Provide excellent customer service to all homeowners and guests at all times.
- Respond to all inquiries and provide other supportive services as necessary; answer telephone calls, respond to written and email communication and make contact with members and guests.
- As an advocate for Marketing and New Home Sales, conduct engaging community tours, answer questions regarding community amenities, policies and cost schedules. Due to heavy sales traffic on weekends, the position will be required to work one weekend day with one consecutive day off during the week.
- Provides project support to the Community Manager as required. Assists the Community Manager in establishing and maintaining management policy and procedures for the efficient functioning of administrative operations.
- Ensure all association rules and regulations of the experience Centers are being followed at all times. Notify management or direct supervisor if a homeowner or guest is not adhering to rules and regulations.
- Manage and facilitate the Closed Facebook resident page and, as implemented, other social media, to foster community building, engagement and Metro District /Builder communication.
- Plan, coordinate and implement resident programs, classes and special community-wide events. In planning, solicits input and involvement from residents and/or prospects to stimulate participation and awareness of the robust and facilitated lifestyle opportunities
- Budget, plan and execute various community events such as concerts, movies, wine events and other seasonal events. Tasks include, but are not limited to, creating event site plans for city approval, researching and hiring event vendors, designing event signage and supervising event logistics.
- Assist members, chartered clubs, and community organization in the scheduling of Association facilities, to include program and room requirements, coordination with other Association departments, and arrangements for the collection of fees and deposits as applicable.
- Oversee the community calendar of events and rentals of facilities for parties, special events, etc.
- Manager and/or The Management Trust Accounting Department.
- Supervise the handling, reconciling, depositing and reporting all revenues collected for activities, programming and balancing cash registers, and reconciling and auditing petty cash account.
- Coordinate and hire independent contractors (instructors, personal trainers, educators, massage therapists, etc.) for special classes and activities, ensure proper documentation, certifications, licenses, certificate of liability insurance, and contracts are maintained at the Recreation Center.
- Oversee the New Resident Orientation presentations to ensure adequate promotion, room set-up, amenities and community participation.
- Work with residents to assist in the establishment of chartered clubs/ committees. Provides assistance in the application for charter process, assignment of facility space, development and promotion of programs, file maintenance and acts as the general overseer.
- Continually build and strengthen relationships with other community organizations for the betterment of the community including but not limited to local police, fire, and school organizations.
- Develop an active volunteer and community outreach program among residents, providing for both promotion and recognition.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for all facility operations including recommendations for updating Rules and Regulations, employee polices, safety policies, computer policies, member services policies, rental policies, etc.
- Internally track and prepare statistical reports for the Board of Directors including: attendance records of members/guests, events, rentals, activities, private and community functions, classes, aquatics, etc.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in coordinating and promoting recreational activities and programs, volunteer programs and/or fund raising events
- An engaging personality with a desire to talk to others and share an excitement for the community
- Strong ability to coordinate multiple projects and use time management skills
- Social media skills, including Facebook Closed Pages
- Intermediate mathematics, and excellent spelling and English writing skills. Strong internal/external customer relation skills required necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, homeowners, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy in communicating such information
- Capable of working weekends, extended hours and holidays as necessary
Nice to Haves
- A degree in recreation, hospitality, or communication fields preferred
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- Flex-spending account
- Work-life balance
- 401K matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.