Join PCES, a full-service Engineering, Design, and Manufacturing Company. PCES strives to be unlike any other place our employees have ever worked byupholding our mission and values through: Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Flexibility.
- Uphold the mission and values of PCES.
- Report directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Assist with the development / improvement of group processes.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment; interact with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
- Prepare and check concrete and structural steel designs and analyses per project specifications and applicable codes.
- Prepare sketches and coordinate with Designers/Drafters in the development of 3D models and 2D design drawings.
- Prepare and check technical reports and specifications.
- Perform field activities, such as observing and documenting existing conditions and taking measurements in a variety of environments.
- Function as Lead Engineer, interfacing directly with project resources and clients, and monitoring schedules.
- Assist in preparation of proposals.
- Coordinate tasks with engineers, designers and project managers.
- Understand and apply safe practices and designs.
- Effectively manage client and internal communications to promote scope understanding and confidence in PCES.
- Work with clients to identify needs and develop project opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, PE license is required.
- 5+ years engineering experience, preferably in structural steel and concrete design of industrial facilities such as gas plants, liquid terminals, LNG facilities, chemical plants, and bulk material handling facilities.
- Knowledge of strength of materials, mechanics, and structural analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of structural design and analysis software.
- Knowledge of codes and standards relevant to structural steel and concrete design (AISC 360, ACI 318, ASCE-7, IBC, e.g.).
- Some project related travel involved
PCES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule