Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is seeking a full time Remediation Engineer or Scientist to support our site investigation and remediation pursuits and projects. We are looking for candidates located in Pittsburgh, PA; Orlando, FL and Houston, TX. In addition, this person will have commercial client contacts in which to develop additional business. This position reports to the vice president of operations in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The focus of this position will be on commercial/industrial programs projects. In addition, this person will also support the new IDIQ Contract won at Kennedy Space Center. As such, experience at NASA Centers will be given special consideration
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
Desired qualifications for the position include:
- Provide support in review and/or staff member role to on-going and new projects focused on compliance. Includes, but is not limited to: RCRA facility permitting and monitoring (OB/OD, Hazardous Waste Management, etc.); CERCLA regulations, NPDES/ Stormwater permitting and management support; Title V and other air program support; SWPP and other Pollution Prevention Plans; SPCC and storage tank management programs; EPCRA; TSCA program support; and facility EHS and compliance audits.
- Provide support in review and/or staff member role to on-going and new projects focused on remediation. Includes but is not limited to providing input into site investigation and remediation strategies; approach to interfacing with regulators and the public, reviewing site investigation and remediation reports, and providing technical input.
- Support commercial compliance and remediation business development activities on an as-requested basis by Division’s upper management.
- Successfully complete tasks independently and in a leadership role in small groups
- Write documents and reports, including technical and financial analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
- Conduct visual and verbal presentations to internal and external clients focused on report conclusions (analyses summary, conclusions, and recommendations) and training others.
- Utilize expertise (technical, logistical, regulatory, and finance) to assess project value and risk and cost minimization.
- Utilize conventional approaches to present innovative cost saving solutions to clients.
- Work with and build relationships with public, commercial, or international customers by managing and executing tasks and delivering high quality client products and services.
- Use familiarity with existing clients, clean energy developers, other consultants, and investors to identify new clients and business opportunities and execute them.
- Support project and business development activities, proposal generation, market assessments, and strategic planning on an as-requested basis by management.
- Periodic travel to project sites for meetings, audits, or other activities may be required.
- 10+ years of experience with directing, managing, technical direction, and implementing:
o Multimedia environmental remediation programs or projects under various regulatory venues including RCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, and state-led programs.
o Environmental compliance programs at industrial facilities involving multimedia (e.g., waste, water, and air) and a demonstrated knowledge of applicable regulations and reporting requirements; and
o Ability to compare, select, and implement relevant and applicable remediation applications. This may include conventional and state-of-the-art or innovative technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience serving in a technical role with industry in corporate and/or commercial facilities.
- Experience with both U.S. and international projects.
- Successful track record of developing project leads, preparing winning proposals, and managing projects to successful financial metrics.
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Environmental Science; 10+ years of experience in site investigation and remediation industry. A minimum of 10+ years professional consulting experience and a minimum of 5+ years in remediation implementation experience is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have direct and hands-on industry experience with in situ and ex situ remediation. Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental requirements. A PE, PG, or similar certification is strongly preferred.
Applicants should be fluent in the English language (speaking and writing); and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in Spanish (speaking and writing) is a plus. Computer Skills must include experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies