Based in the Robesonia area, Service Technician/Maintenance Mechanic collaborates with customers and engineers to ensure that the Reading Bakery Systems equipment functions as designed to meet the customers’ production, quality and capacity requirements. Under general direction of the Technical Services Manager, assembles, installs, troubleshoots and repairs all electrical, mechanical and combustion systems of industrial food process machinery and equipment, and generates comprehensive service reports for customers and Reading Bakery Systems management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Installs, troubleshoots and repairs industrial bakery equipment by applying knowledge of electrical circuits, mechanical devices, conveyor belt tracking, and combustion systems
2. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical devices and fabricate parts by applying machining, plumbing, pipe-fitting, and welding skills
3. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical elements, such as, feed screws, levers, bearings, cams, etc.
4. Troubleshoots and repairs pneumatic devices including cylinders, rotary actuators, motors, solenoid valves, flow controls, etc,
5. Troubleshoot electrical circuits from 5 volt logic circuits to 480 VAC three phase power distribution circuits
6. Applies documented internal and vendor supplied procedures to calibrate and install electrical, mechanical and combustion systems.
7. Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), relay logic control systems and operator interface systems.
8. Installs and calibrates pressure, temperature, level control loops and combustion systems on cookers, ovens and dryers to function optimally in the customers’ application
9. Applies documented internal and vendor supplied procedures to calibrate and install electrical, mechanical and combustion systems.
10. Installs and calibrates the combustion systems on cookers, ovens and dryers to function optimally in the customers’ application
11. Assists customer technicians to troubleshoot equipment over the telephone
12. Directs customer supplied personnel to use rigging apparatus and laser alignment equipment to properly install Reading Bakery Systems machinery
13. Under general direction of the Director, Technical Services or a Senior Service Technician, modifies existing equipment at the customers’ plant to provide equipment enhancement to satisfy customer requests
14. Communicates and works with RBS service technicians, project engineers, applications engineers, design engineers, and customer operations personnel to resolve equipment installation and operation issues
15. Uses Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, RBS Utilities and computer systems to generate comprehensive field service reports for the customer and RBS management
16. Uses RBS Utilities software and the manufacturing system to identify manufactured and commercial parts required to repair customers’ machine
17. Provides direction and training on applying Reading Bakery Systems standards for system installation, start-up and calibration to less qualified Technical Services personnel
18. Participates and adheres to Company policies and programs on occupational health and safety, and operating procedures.
19. Provides feedback to co-workers, supervisor and Company management on a regular basis to ensure efficient and effective operations
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. May be asked to work with the department manager to evaluate service requests from customers, schedule qualified service technicians, generate appropriate documentation, ensure accounting records are correct, order required parts, and generate proposals for service projects.
· Typical environment is a production baking plant with possible exposure to noise, vibration, flammables, electrical shock, hazardous materials, high humidity, and high heats – some conditions may be harsh
· Traveling conditions may be rigorous
· Regularly requires appropriate manufacturing environment personal protective equipment
· Regularly required to travel, - domestically and internationally
· May include continuous weeks of international and / or domestic travel to support customer needs
· Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
· Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
· Visual acuity required for close work, color differentiation, depth perception, and to adjust focus.
· May be required to provide customer support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a rotating basis with other Technical Services department personnel
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May supervisor construction crews
· Requires 2 year Associates Degree in an applicable technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum of three years of related industrial troubleshooting and repair experience on highly technical, precision equipment, including two years of experience troubleshooting and repairing on Reading Bakery Systems equipment
· Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and to read, interpret and explain technical documents, instructions, engineering drawings, including mechanical assembly drawings, welding assembly drawings, component part drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and plumbing schematics
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- maintenance mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply