· Pre-Si Validation with emulation tool like Simics.
· Testing computer platform and sub-systems, triaging, filing bugs.
· Taking ownership of bugs and following them to closure.
· Enabling new features on Platform and OS.
· Understanding of PC architecture – motherboard and it’s components (PCIe, USB, USB-C, TBT, SATA, PCH, ICH, BIOS, UEFI, RAM, CPU, GPU)
· Good understanding of different power states of system and devices (ACPI – S-states, C-states, D-states)
· Good understanding and testing experience of various subsystems like Audio, Camera, Multimedia, communications (WiFi, BT, WiGig), sensors, etc.
· Should have manual and automation testing experience.
· Should have HLK testing experience
· Must have worked in Pre-Si validation environment.
· Good understanding of Windows OS and its features.
· Able to triage / debug Platform / OS issues.
· Hands on experience on test content creation and test case management.
· Good analytical skills
· Understanding of bug life cycle and any bug management tool like Jira, HSD, VSO, etc.
· Good to have (not mandatory): experience of automating tests using Python / PowerShell / C#.b
Job Type: Full-time