Project Developer Renewable Energy
A German international company, the second -largest wind energy developer in Germany, is looking for a full time Project Developer to advance a pipeline of utility scale wind and solar projects and to assist leading utility scale power sale origination efforts for the U.S. wind and solar market. This renewable energy company offers competitive compensation, is growing aggressively, and expanding its new regional team in Austin TX.
The position of Project Developer will be part of the Development Team reporting to the Regional Manager
The Project Developer is responsible for the advancement of development projects as assigned by the Head of Development. The employee will work closely with different internal experts, land agents and third party consultants assigned to the projects.
1. Identify prospective projects with suitable wind/solar resource, electric transmission access, and site characteristics;
2. Create and manage project development budgets and estimates; manages land acquisition process and personnel; develops relations with key land owners;
3. Prioritizes resources and develops land acquisition strategy;
4. Assess US power markets, particularly ERCOT, and identifies future customer demand for renewable energy to guide development of renewable energy assets
5. Assess market indicators, regulations and incentives affecting customer demand for renewable energy
6. Deliver on target volume, revenue, and margin goals for off-take agreements from wind and PV solar projects
7. Negotiate power contracts with counterparties in collaboration with stakeholders from functions across the organization
8. Identify and explore creative deal structures to assist in differentiating product offering including super-peak energy products, firming and shaping structures, and establishing strategic partnerships with other forms of complementary generation
9. Monitor the potential for arbitrage opportunities between market-based hedge arrangements and traditional PPA markets particularly in CAISO, ERCOT, PJM, NYISO and other markets (Establish relationships with procurement, trading, and origination desks at utilities, munis, coops, C&I off-takers, investment banks and power marketers
10. Drive power marketing “ideas” to definitive deliverables (financial models, term sheets, contracts) and timetables for execution
11. Provide deal structure recommendations to minimize collateral requirements and support negotiation of financing arrangements
12. RFP & Proposal Development - identify RFP opportunities and originate bilateral PPA targets outside formal RFP processes
13. Work with internal resources, such as the Legal, Engineering, and Energy Assessment teams;
14. Obtain land surface rights to design, permit, construct, operate, and maintain wind/solar power projects;
15. Manage state, federal, and regional permitting of wind/solar facilities;
16. Participate in interconnection agreement negotiations;
17. Support the financial analysis and modeling of the project;
18. Manage the collection, organization and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third party stakeholders;
19. Provide reports to management by producing regular and frequent pipeline updates, project status updates, and other reporting documents;
20. Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional teams;
21. Other duties as assigned.
Up to 50% as required.
· 5+ years of professional experience in relevant field with at least 3 years of experience developing renewable energy projects;
· Demonstrates understanding of energy development and permitting processes;
· Ability to manage project teams, including land agents and third party consultants;
· Excellent communication skills and able to interact with wide variety of team members and stakeholders;
· Proven track record of resolving complex project development issues;
· Experience self-perform certain tasks such as drafting permit matrix, permit applications/conditions, or negotiate land deals a plus.
· The ideal candidate will also have previous exposure with financial models (specific experience developing model inputs and economic project assessment for wind, solar, and battery). Advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Undergraduate degree in engineering, law, geography, area planning, project management, finance or other relevant program.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Developing Renewable energy projects: 3 years (Required)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- Financial modeling: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations