Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI's Lafayette Center
CGI is looking for an experiences developer looking to grow their skills on a large agency account team. The project is a Service Oriented Architecture-based network that handles the exchange of data between government and its stakeholders (states, tribes, municipalities, private industry). The program builds, operates, and maintains this network and is responsible for building the data flows and applications that operate on and integrate on the network. In this role, you will be developing software to support e-Reporting Permit Services and Architecture. You'll be contributing on a geographically dispersed cross-functional team utilizing Agile methodologies and the Scrum framework to develop on cadence and release on demand.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software. Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration, and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in code reviews, daily scrums, and other Agile development ceremonies.
- Proficiency in Java, Knockout.js, AngularJS, SPA, HTML5, Bootstrap, SQL, Hibernate
- Experience developing and consuming REST web services
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of the full software life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline and 3+ years of experience
CGI is not able to sponsor international hires for this position. Green card applicants are acceptable.
CGI is unable to sponsor international hires for this role. Green card applicants are acceptable.
- Experience using Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA, and Bamboo
- Experience working with remote team members
Will also accept candidates with a Masters degree in lieu of 1 year required experience
What you can expect from us:
- REST Webservices
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.