Manufacturing Engineer – CNC Machining
Want to make high end products in a high growth environment for premier companies like Mercedes, Ferrari, SpaceX, and others? Come join AST’s 150 employees in making exciting products for the world’s leading companies.
Advanced Structural Technologies (AST) is an industry leading manufacturer of forged and flow formed products for the automotive, defense, aerospace and alternative energy markets. As a fully integrated contract manufacturing business, all process steps are completed on site in AST’s 100,000 sq. ft. facility.
AST is located in Oxnard California 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 2 miles from the Pacific Ocean and California’s Pacific Coast Highway.
AST is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to support our CNC Machine Shop.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to support / develop tooling concepts for the CNC Machining Department.
- Develop, prepare, optimize and maintain related set-up and operation documentation for tool lists, finger chucks, 3 jaw checks, pie jaws, etc.
- Ability to develop, document and implement a formal set-up time reduction program.
- Ability to design and implement material handling systems to support the CNC Machining Department.
- Recommend and source new equipment and machinery purchases. Actively participate in the process through installation and until the machinery is put into production.
- Suggest and implement productivity improvements.
- 3+ years’ experience in a CNC Machine Shop within a larger manufacturing environment.
- Experience with automation
- Comprehensive understanding of CNC machining techniques.
- Background in Tooling/Fixtures for CNC machining.
- Self Directed and able to manage multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- machining processes: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift