SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training — all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise — as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Responsible for the mechanical design of new firearm products, and improvements to current products. A secondary responsibility is to assist Process Engineering & Production as required to resolve issues and improve current products and the implementation of new/revised products. Must be able to interact constructively with New Product Engineers, Process Engineers, Production personnel, Marketing and others to accomplish the tasks below.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Develop innovative mechanical designs in SolidWorks to meet project requirements
- Contributes to R&D projects in a team setting to meet project delivery dates.
- Develop drawings with GD&T from solid models.
- Process models and drawings thru the PLM system.
- Perform testing and analyze test data. Contribute to test reports to determine if design and process meets functional and performance specifications.
- Understand and improve the manufacturability of component designs.
- Develops a strong knowledge of machining, metalworking principles, and assembly procedures to evaluate newly designed or modified products.
- Access technical information (i.e. process records, model drawings, SOP’s, tool and fixture drawings) as needed to evaluate and support product design operations.
- Learns to demonstrate ability to understand supplier capability and specialties in the manufacture of components and tooling to required specifications.
- Provide technical assistance to component and tooling suppliers.
- Assist production in the resolution of manufacturing problems to maintain production schedules.
- Must be able to travel (infrequently)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. (0-5 years’ experience)
- Must be a skilled user of CAD software, preferably SolidWorks, and a have experience with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Classwork and practical experience with mechanisms and machine design
- Experience using and maintaining firearms is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports and procedures. Ability to effectively present information to team members and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and manage uncertainty in a logical and organized manner.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.