UPN is currently looking for an experienced Managed Service Engineer located in Kansas City, MO. This candidate is responsible for designing, deploying, and servicing managed services such as SD-WAN, Managed Voice, as well as other managed services for UPN clients and customers. The Managed Services Engineer will work independently on some tasks and as part of a team in others with the goal of supporting all managed clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide onboarding and post-implementation support to customers and designates related to their managed services.
- Design and implement managed service solutions in conjunction with external and internal teams.
- Maintain SME level knowledge of all managed services products.
- Provide support through resolution for technical and usability issues escalated to tier-3 support.
- Escalate and manage technical issues with necessary partners and vendors.
- Develop and maintain technical relationships with managed services partners and vendors.
- Work directly with prospects and customers on implementation needs of their managed services.
- Create and maintain job aides and process documentation for internal and external publication.
- Be available for on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirement for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications/training/experience in engineering or related field.
- Proven success in customer facing technical roles such as Solutions/Sales Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Advanced Support (Tier-3+), Consulting, Managed Services Account Manager, or similar role.
- Minimum 3-5 years with SD-WAN technologies, and network design and administration.
- Minimum 3-5 years of broad experience with VoIP and legacy platforms and services such as WebRTC, SBCs, SIP, TDM, ISDN, PRI and other voice services.
- Experience with optical and carrier grade network infrastructure and environments a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of SD-WAN products and platforms such as Meraki, Viptela, NetScaler or others advanced networking platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of next-generation firewall platforms such as Fortinet Fortigate, Cisco FirePower, Palo Alto PA Series, Juniper SRX or others.
- Proven success in deployment of SD-WAN solutions at scale as either implementation manager or technical manager.
- Proven ability to take projects from inception to completion as the technical manager.
- Success in managing and supporting ‘as-a-service’ products and services to internal and external customers.
- Industry recognized certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, JNCP, or other network and security related certifications.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; providing exceptional customer service.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Team player with the ability to take ownership of an area, following assigned tasks through to successful completion.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
Salary is commensurate upon education and experience. Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
UPN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19