GZA’s Providence, RI office is seeking an Entry Level Environmental Engineer: (0 to 3 years experience) to support our environmental engineering practice. A strong academic record and an understanding of environmental engineering (including site investigation, environmental compliance, state and local permitting, evaluation of remedial alternatives, design and implementation of remedial systems and/or construction management) is essential for this position.
Typical Duties May Include:
- Perform outdoor, all-season field tasks such as site investigation (drilling, test pitting, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, etc.), surveying, construction oversight/monitoring.
- Perform technical aspects of projects under the supervision of lead designers, project managers and principals.
- Work with project teams on environmental engineering projects (remedial systems, infrastructure and other projects). Work on all phases of projects (due diligence, site investigation, field work, data evaluation, regulatory permitting (local, state and federal), design, engineering analysis, construction and/or implementation management and documentation, and any close out monitoring).
- Conducting investigations of soil and groundwater in connection with projects.
- Monitoring and documenting various aspects of construction projects.
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations.
- Interpreting various site-specific data to make conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Regulatory permitting and reporting.
- Performing engineering computation and analysis of subsurface data.
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports, technical specifications and related bid documents.
- Develop construction plans.
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates.
- BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Work experience is preferred. (Master’s Degree a plus)
- Strong communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities as required by clients.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification, including 8-hour annual refresher certificates, is a plus
- Availability to work Monday through Friday, as well as some evenings and weekends in local and regional locations
- A valid driver’s license in good standing and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.