The Mechanical Engineer provides support for manufacturing
operations including, but not limited to, the design, development, and
integration of new and existing equipment.
Works within a multi-discipline team to develop coordinate, and monitor
all aspects of production including selection of manufacturing equipment,
fabrication, and operation of product designs.
They will collaborate with other engineers and operations personnel to
implement standard operating procedures; participate in continuous improvement
activities for existing processes to improve efficiency, capacity utilization,
product quality, and safety; and will provide manufacturing support and
technical trouble shooting with manufacturing equipment.
- Provide mechanical design support as required, for manufacturing processes and
- Supports new product development processes by providing technical support and performing
- Create, read and interpret 3-D models, blueprints, technical drawings and schematics.
- Participates in process team kaizen events to improve or establish production metrics.
- Provide on-site production support to operations teams for design, initial start-up,
and continuous improvement projects.
- Provides immediate technical support to trouble shoot large scale production equipment
- Collaborate with suppliers to assure capabilities, processes and procedures are up to date
and able to satisfy demand.
- Analysis and recommendation of improvements to manufacturing processes, to improve
capacity, reduce labor, increase uptime, and efficiency.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Communicate production problems with management and attend appropriate meetings as
necessary to help solve production issues or conditions that limit the efficient use of machines and tools.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering OR demonstrated field related experience OR
Technical Training Certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Engineering experience supporting design, development, and
installation of manufacturing equipment required.
- Prior manufacturing experience required.
- Strong proficiency with CAD including 2D and 3D modeling, Auto CAD, Pro-E, Solid
Works, or similar 3D modeling software required.
- Demonstrated mechanical knowledge and aptitude with hydraulics, pumps, systems, pneumatics, etc. required.
- Demonstrated experience with the installation of manufacturing equipment required.
- Minimum of intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
- Four (4) or more years of Engineering experience supporting design, development, and
installation of manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, HMI’s, SCADA systems, SQL, and
relational database systems preferred.
- Experience with MS Project, Pro-E, and SAP preferred.
- Experience with Extruder machines such as Davis Standard highly preferred
- Experience with Injection Molding machines such as Sumitomo or Cincinnati Milacron highly preferred.
- Experience with industrial packaging equipment and processes preferred.
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of mechanical
engineering relating to the manufacture and assembly of quality sporting products:
Judgement and Decision Making:
evaluate situations and reach logical conclusions.
- Problem Solving: Propose ideas, find new and
better ways of doing things. Proactive in analyzing issues and solving problems.
- Time Management and Prioritization: Ability to
manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Planning and Organization: Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to adapt to ever changing
peaks in workload.
- Innovation: Applies original thinking in approach to job responsibilities to improve processes, systems, products and services.
- Interpersonal skills: Self Motivated to work independent and with the team. Good interpersonal skills in
order to build strong relationships within the team effectively. Displays a positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- Communication: Strong ability to clearly present information and ideas through a variety of mediums including both verbal and written,
helping the audience understand and retain the message.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures,
rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley,
Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With
operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28
languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle
products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us
is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends,
time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team
dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have
more fun catching more fish.