Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer
Do you like traveling to construction projects throughout NYC and being an integral part of a team oriented solution driven group? FSG is one the nations leading electrical firms in one of the nations leading markets, career advancements can be found at FSG don’t miss out!
Facility Solutions Group (FSG Electric) is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in, electrical construction, energy, lighting and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nations largest single-source providers of electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions Facility Solutions Group is expanding their staff and seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our FSG Electric , NY team. Please visit us on Linkedin #FSG NewYork
As an Electrical Project Engineer you will skillfully develop coordination drawings in Revit and other programs. Prepare and present documentation, including gaps in available data. Read and interpret plans, other documentations to create shop drawings. Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between design and actual work practices.
An Electrical Project Engineer will:
- Communicate with customers to define the project scope, address deficiencies, negotiate design implementation and build relationships
- Perform necessary research to produce accurate, complete and competitive data.
- Review completed design documentation / cad back grounds for thoroughness, accuracy, value engineering alternatives and compliance with strategic goals.
- Attend / lead on coordination meetings and/or meets with customers to identify changes in electrical design
- Work closely with other trade engineers and cad drafters to coordinate work installation pathways and identify “hits”.
- Work closely / daily with project managers and director of construction
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage your schedule to accommodate multiple project needs.
- When needed, support the estimating staff with take off and estimating processes
- Responsible for job document management in regards to all drawings, cad or other design files and FSG title blocks / shop drawings.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- Have 3 years of electrical project engineering experience particular to high rise construction.
- Posses a bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited University and have experience in construction coordination.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Autocad, Revit and other deign software.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, detailed-oriented and efficient.
- Experience in high-rise, commercial, residential, and mixed use buildings, design builds, tenant finish-outs, and low voltage projects a must!
- Must posses the ability to organize multiple projects.
- Must have good understanding of electrical systems, and the National Electrical Code.
- Must understand electrical calculations as it pertains to designing electrical systems for high rise buildings.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Revit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings