- Bachelor's degree in engineering or 3+ years' work experience in a Technical Support or Technical Customer Service role
- Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems skills
- Experience in Network Fundamentals (e.g. Topology, protocols (TCP/IP), and physical networking)
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of enterprise companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
This role requires somebody that is passionate about solving customers’ problems and a technically strong operations engineer who can lead and guide a team in tackling the hardest technical challenges. This role requires someone who excels at working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry. The successful candidate will get excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day!
Ideal candidate will have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
This role is surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job.
Day to day:
- Troubleshoot and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment,
- Supporting fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
- Work directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise, customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks and scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Create tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer incidents that span multiple AWS
- AWS experience is preferred but not required
- Cloud support experience, deployment, and maintenance
- Experience in a DevOps team, or System Admin experience setting up, maintaining and coordinating the automated patch and configuration management of production servers.
- Experience with Chef, particularly writing Chef cookbooks to automate deployment and maintenance of Linux and Windows application servers.
- Programming/scripting with Ruby, Bash and PowerShell.
- Other programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C#...)
- Systems administration in both Linux and Windows.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
- Experience managing full 3-tier architecture (Presentation, Application, and Data tier) Communication skills including presentations to diverse customer and team audience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age