Site Reliability Engineer (90 – 140k/yr)
Do you find yourself constantly seeking ways to improve the efficiency of software? Do you scoff at applications that aren’t scalable? If so, we need you! While the mark of any good programmer is efficiency, your role with us will be to help transform the services and tools used across the DoD into the next-generation well-oiled machine it needs to be. You will work with one or several scrum teams as the overall performance expert but will have ample opportunities for growth. If you thrive in an early startup environment, or are simply looking for more autonomy and the ability to have a large impact, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Operate & maintain high availability of software for multiple products running in a multi-region cloud environment.
- Analyze operational performance to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics & KPIs.
- Drive focused initiatives that improve operational efficiency and scalability of the platform and applications.
- Build tools and automation that eliminate work and reduce time it takes to resolve an issue.
- Setup and maintain cloud operations automation & tooling to monitor & maintain enterprise cloud-based applications.
- Understand modern software security and secure software systems with cloud-based infrastructure.
- Provide full-stack diagnostics and determine root cause of internal problems.
What You’ll Need
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and environment.
- Strong knowledge of Networking, Load balancers, DNS, and TCP/IP.
- Experience in handling production outages and root cause analysis.
- Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Experience creating tools for infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) management and automation.
- Experienced with DevOps engineering practices, comfortable with diverse technical problem sets across the tech stack.
- Possess a deep understanding of the Linux operating system and are at home on the terminal.
- Comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Experience in CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Sonarqube, etc).
- Patience and tolerance for when things just go wrong.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, & virtual).
- Strong drive, self-motivated, logical, and detail-oriented.
- Passion for new technologies, software & processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines is essential.
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Fully-vested 401k matching (up to 10%),
- 100% company-paid comprehensive healthcare,
- Unlimited sick leave,
- All federal holidays & 15 days personal leave,
- Regular virtual and in-person social events,
- Flexible schedules, educational reimbursements, and much more.
Office hours are flexible with most work performed remotely (as we are a geographically dispersed team), but some actions may require travel and regular team interaction. Most of our team works out of on-trend, workshare office spaces around the nation. Eventually, this position may require a government security clearance.
Skyward Federal is a small (but growing) startup bringing the best of breed to the most exciting & unique missions possible. We work hard but play harder. There is constant room for growth and cross-training depending on what your life goals are. Apply now & start your journey today!
Note: During the coronavirus pandemic, all employees are working from home with only essential travel to client sites (for classified work) authorized.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $140,000.00 per hour
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative