Minghua USA Inc., a division of Jiangnan Mold Plastics Technology Corporation, is located in Greer, SC. One of the largest suppliers of plastic mold parts in China's automotive industry, Jiangnan Mold Plastic Technology Corporation specializes in the development, manufacturing and sales of plastic products and hi-tech molds. The company manufactures a variety of parts and products for original equipment manufacturers and tier one suppliers in the automotive industry.
Minghua USA, Inc. seeking a Packaging Engineer who will be will be responsible for Project manage the design, development, testing, procurement and validation of automotive (or similar) packaging. Includes steel shipping racks and custom returnable containers, for both domestic and international applications.
- Initiate and maintain customer specific packaging database for assigned parts.
- Perform change management to assess impact of changes in part physical characteristics, suppliers, and process requirements.
- Coordinate with customer stakeholders, logistics partners, and part suppliers to establish project schedule, design criteria, procurement strategy, and fleet size requirements.
- Plan and direct activities concerned with the design, prototyping, testing and delivery of containers. Includes design reviews, 1st article inspections, laboratory (vibration, impact, compression, drop, etc.) testing, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Provide on-site launch support to validate packaging meets program requirements.
- Monitor supplier conformance.
- Schedule and hold coordination meetings. Write meeting minutes. Participate in open issues meetings and presentations.
- Consult with customer departments and packaging suppliers to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
- May advise customers on efficient packaging procedures, innovations in packaging materials and various applications within the supply chain.
- Support the development of presentation materials for customer presentations and may lead customer presentations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BSEE/BSME, or related field, required
- 1-3 years of automotive experience required
- Experience in the use of CAD design software experience, i.e. (Catia, Creo, PDM-Link, Mechanical/Electrical Workbenches).
- Knowledge of packaging specifications for electrical and electronic components is a preferredLeadership Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Values Differences
- Action Oriented
- Drive for results - Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Priority setting/Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
- Team player, has the ability to cooperate with project team to meet the established end goal
- Communication- communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
- Self-improvement and integrity/ Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself/ widely trusted as trustworthy and direct
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative