Essential Job Functions:
- Support the preconstruction project team to include the Preconstruction Manager and Director of Development.
- Assist during the preconstruction phase by building bid packages and subcontractor lists, making follow up calls, and organizing the project proposals as they are submitted.
- Utilize Contract Manager Software to generate and track subcontracts, purchase orders and bonds, and other functions as required.
- Maintain project documents within the Contract Manager Software, standardized filing system, and server.
- Gather and assemble supporting documents for project manuals.
- Manage project requirements such as Owner Direct Purchase Orders and invoice processing.
- Facilitate questions regarding projects and research information.
- Process document and drawing changes and distribute to the authorized users in a timely manner.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and safety laws
- Ability to read and interpret plans, and issues clear RFIs regarding questions from construction team
- Ability to plan, lay out, and supervise work of subordinates
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates
- Positive attitude with effective time and cost management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates experience in managing large construction projects
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines while handling multiple tasks
- Must be able to analyze information and develop a budget
- Ability to function as a team player
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
Education and experience:
- 4-year college degree, Desirable study concentration in construction
- 3+ years of experience with a production residential, multi-family, or commercial builder preferred
Job Type: Full-time