- Assists claimants before the Social Security Administration with cases pending at the initial and reconsideration levels and has the authority, granted by the claimant, to act on the claimant's behalf in all matters relating to the Social Security claim.
- Files Appeals and determines appropriate response.
- Assists claimants in completing paperwork and fields claimant and client company calls. Determines next steps based on information obtained from Social Security laws/processes and GENEX internal processes/procedures while documenting all claim activity in the departmental database.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); College degree strongly preferred
- At least two years previous work experience as a Social Security Representative or paralegal also preferred.
- Candidates must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, work well in team settings, and can multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, verbal communication, customer relations skills, and the ability to adhere to schedules and follow departmental procedures within set time frames are required.
- Great phone etiquette and strong computer skills are a must!
Genex is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.