As Software Engineer at SciPlay, you will work on the frontlines of a game development team, using your skills and experience to build, support and enhance software for our social-mobile casino games. You will implement, debug, document, modify and generally support in-game features, development, and operational tools in a timely manner and actively participate in the design of the games. You have the ability to work with more senior technical staff, designing and implementing systems to realize the games we operate. Additionally, you are able to help mentor other engineers and game builders. You have technical skills to operate independently, and the communication and collaboration skills to be an integral and valued team player. At the Software Engineer level, you have the solid skills, experience, and work ethic to succeed as a software engineer, and the desire to learn from your teammates, all while building games that delight our customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write high-quality C# code in Unity engine based games in a thorough and timely manner.
- Design, implement, document, and maintain the client side of client/server based games using a variety of technologies, primarily Unity Engine based technologies and plugins.
- Contribute to the development of new/innovative gameplay features and interfaces.
- Write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- Identify potential solutions and liaise with Development teams to determine technical feasibility and level-of-effort to implement.
- Create/review detailed feature/functional/technical requirements specifications and ensure alignment with proposed platform solutions.
- Participate in relevant project meetings.
- Identify new tools/improved processes to aid the Development team in delivering new Network Gaming products.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of software development experience
- Experience with shipping and supporting a live consumer facing application is preferred
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
- Strong Object Oriented programming skills
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine is strongly preferred
- Distributed application (client/server) development experience
- Game Development experience
- Experience in UI development
- Experience in one or more game development specialties (rendering, UI, systems, gameplay, audio)
- Starling Game Engine Experience
- Familiarity with relational and No-SQL databases is nice to have
- OpenGL, and/or Objective-C
- LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL)
- Mobile client development for both Android and iOS, especially using the Unity Game Engine using C#.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming techniques and languages (in particular C# or C++)
- Git, Perforce, CVS, SVN or other version control software
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law