Frontline BioEnergy is engineering revolutionary technology and installing industrial systems in the renewable energy industry. We are looking for a chemical or mechanical engineer with expertise in thermal and chemical processes to support the design, fabrication, and installation of industrial-scale processing plants that convert biomass and waste into fuels and chemicals. Come join our dynamic, growing team in central Iowa.
- Be a key contributor for engineering design and analysis of chemical and thermal processes and unit operations including gasification, pyrolysis, and associated performing manual and computational calculations.
- Specify process equipment, identify suppliers, review quotes, and manage suppliers and schedules to ensure high quality on-time installation.
- Perform technical and economic evaluations of process alternatives and options to enable optimized design and operations decisions for projects
- Provide written communications such as process description documents, process narratives for control of complex systems, operating procedures for startup or normal operation of equipment, assistance in writing proposals.
- Collaborate with other engineers & technicians in the specification, test, and design of process equipment.
- Participate in and support development of corporate systems and safety procedures.
The candidate should possess these essential qualifications:
- Demonstrated skills in performing calculations for energy and mass balances, chemical process and equipment specification, pressure vessel and piping design, flow and head loss, process modeling of thermal systems and steam generating equipment, as well as process modeling of chemical conversion equipment and design and analysis of heat exchangers.
- Experience in developing process flow diagrams, P&ID’s, instrument & valve schedules, and control strategies for processes.
- Excellent technical writing skills, and preferably experience writing documents such as process narratives, performance specifications, startup and operating procedures, and process descriptions.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve accuracy in engineering work product.
- Experience in successfully applying engineering principles, with facility in such areas as fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, chemical reaction engineering, numerical methods and engineering economics.
- Highly motivated, eager to learn, and committed to meeting internal and external client needs.
Engineers will be preferred to have the following desired qualifications:
- At least five years of experience performing hands-on engineering, and/or process design, and/or installation and start-up of industrial-scale chemical processes and associated equipment in industries such as chemical processing, ethanol, petroleum, or electricity generation.
- Experience with Aspen Plus® process modeling software, Apen Icarus® costing software, SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD drafting software.
- Experience with refractory lined vessels, high temperature reaction equipment, fluid bed reactors, boilers, large support structures, tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchanger systems, piping, filters, bag houses, and solid material handling equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and capable of leading teams.
- Ability to work with several engineers and designers on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative and drive to complete tasks well, to anticipate and solve problems with little supervision.
- Experience working and communicating with controls system engineers and technicians.
- Master’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5/4.
Salary depends on experience and demonstrated capability. Support is available for moving expenses. Qualified candidates should include their resumes with salary history to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity