At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you will have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you'll help create high-quality gear that our customers need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Soft Goods Product Developer is a full-time position based in Austin, TX that reports into the Manager, Soft Goods Development. A Soft Goods Product Developer at YETI is responsible for successfully driving the development of projects from concept through production readiness. You will work with a highly skilled Industrial Design Team and will partner closely with our Soft Goods Material Developers, Category Management Team as well as our factory partners to create products that are uniquely YETI!
Qualifications and attributes:
- Work closely with the YETI Design and Category Management Teams to understand the vision and direction for the product
- Work with our internal teams and external manufacturing partners to advance a product from prototype stages to successful mass production.
- Work with Project Managers to clearly understand the project timeline and adhere to milestones and deliverables.
- Troubleshoot design, material, and trim details required to execute the desired design.
- Work with Designers to deliver and communicate technical drawing packages to our manufacturing partners.
- Communicates directly with factory partners to facilitate the product sampling process to ensure that design intent is executed appropriately, and construction techniques and patterns are optimized for DFM.
- Works closely with Product Quality to ensure that all assigned projects meet the demanding standards of all YETI products.
- Manages finished goods product testing with internal and external test labs in order to qualify new designs for production release.
- Partners closely with internal YETI Materials Developers to effectively develop new materials, trims, and hardware.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 to 6 years of experience in product development preferably in accessories, bags, or apparel.
- Experience working with soft goods vendors (sample rooms, finished goods factories, fabric weavers, fabric coatings factories, etc.) to bring products to commercial new products.
- Proficiency in building soft goods drawing packages such as tech. packs and sample requests.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficiency with Solid Works is a plus, but not necessary.
- Experience working within structured product development systems to organize new product development and phase gate systems, PLM (product lifecycle management) experience is a benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer