At Vispero, you’ll be part of a global team enhancing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider forthe visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, FreedomScientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
The Sustaining Hardware Engineer is a key technical leadership role within the organization, required to manage sustaining for all current products, ensure reliable and stable production schedules, and address any product quality issues. Specific responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing the life cycle, quality, and profitability of our current products by managing component changes, addressing quality issues,identifying cost reduction opportunities, and ensuring efficient and reliable production.
- Experience designing analog circuits including diodes, MOSFETs, OpAmps, Comparators, A/D and D/As
- Experience working with and understanding RISC based processor architectures
- Basic understanding of optics for imaging device
- Understanding of CMOS sensors, LCDs, LEDs and sensors
- Experience with schematic capture tools such as OrCad
- Experience using analog and digital simulation tools
- Demonstrated experience applying problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of PCB layout tools such as OrCad/Allegro PCB
- Solid understanding of PCB design, manufacturing and DFM design rules
- Experience working with ARM Cortex A and/or M Series processors
- Knowledge with embedded software languages such as C/C++
- Experience working in structured PLM environments and version controls systems
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Detail oriented with ability to pay attention to minute details for a project or task
- Motivated and quick learner able to work independently and as a team member
- Ethical and can demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Able to work both independently and in team environment
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Honest with integrity
- Team Player
- Manage design changes and process improvements to reduce cost for current and future production, including validation testing to support the changes.
- Monitor and resolve any product quality issues by troubleshooting and making necessary design or production changes.
- Work directly with our supply chain to improve processes and drive down cost.
- Continually look for ways to improve product production and quality level.
- Perform design verification, test planning, qualitative and/or quantitative tests or evaluations of products, processes, equipment, and systems.
- Follows the established documentation guidelines and design processes.
- Troubleshoot, test and develop embedded firmware and hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Hardware Engineer or Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
- hardware or electrical engineer: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative