Entry Level Civil Engineer Intern
Linfield, Hunter & Junius, Inc. is a long-term provider of quality Civil Engineering, Architecture and Land Surveying services to public and private clients. The firm has received rare special recognition from an array of clients ranging from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to CVS Pharmacies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Site developments
- Sewer and water works
- Drainage facilities
- Traffic work
- Also, construction observation
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques procedures, and criteria
- Design drainage, grading and utility systems.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop conceptual site plans
- Develop conceptual plans for site utilities
- Develop construction cost estimates and schedules. Evaluate alternate options.
- Advance the conceptual plans to the detailed design level.
- Monitor quality and ensure conformance to client and LH&J requirements. Work closely with Project Managers to meet overall project schedule.
- Establish civil standards and procedures as needed for the project.
- Routinely attend and report on progress in weekly meetings.
- Produce work in Autocad version 2014 or later.
- Write reports detailing engineering design alternatives (Engineering Alternative Reports), developing design alternatives based on input from various engineering disciplines (i.e., geotechnical, structural, and relocations) and rights-of-way limitations.
- Responsibilities include submittal reviews, review of changes initiated by construction contractors, design and preparation of project modifications and site visits with accompanying trip reports.
- Prepare requests for surveys, right of entry, etc, in the execution of engineering and design.
- Formulate draft decisions/solutions involving a functional area of engineering expertise.
- Provide technical and general advice and guidance on all matters pertaining to the functional area of engineering expertise.
- Contribute technical skills and talents to achieve technical goals, contributing professional engineering recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in estimating and developing budgets and schedules.
- Meet schedule and budget commitments.
Salary and benefits:
As a member of the Linfield, Hunter and Junius team, you will be eligible for these competitive benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Vision/Hearing Care
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran’s status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- EIT Certification (Required)
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Required)