DeLong’s, Inc. is a steel fabricator that produces steel bridges and miscellaneous bridge components for the transportation industry and structural steel for the building industry. The company, founded in 1944, has approximately 190 employees at its locations in Jefferson City and Sedalia, Missouri. We are seeking applicants for a full-time Civil/Structural Engineer at our Jefferson City location. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering required.
- Completion or in process of completing Engineer in Training (EIT) designation required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project specifications and confer with contractors and customers on structural steel design issues.
- Work with the Estimating Department to calculate cost and determine the feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data.
- Assist with plant facilities design and management to ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Work with the Detailing Department to prepare internal engineering and design documents to be used by the Production Department.
DeLong’s, Inc. offers a competitive salary based on education and experience and a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a profit sharing and pension plan. The position will remain open until filled, but interested candidates are encouraged to apply by February 7, 2020. If you are interested in working for a well-established company, please send your resume, completed application, and salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Steel Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Jefferson City, MO (Required)
- Engineer In Training (EIT) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift