CAPTRON has dedicated itself to serve small-medium sized businesses and large corporations with state-of-the-art sensor solutions. As a family owned business founded in 1983, we design, develop and manufacture the future of human-machine interfaces, level measurement equipment and optical sensors. Through our modular manufacturing system and more than 10,000 possible configurations, we provide our customers with very reliable & highly customizable products within various industries e.g.
- Industrial Automation
- Traffic & Transport
- Building Technology
- Supply Chain
- and many more...
For our North American headquarter in White Plains, NY, we are looking for a Sales Engineer who has a strong hunter mentality and is success driven. You are excited for new opportunities and are able to consult customers on-site in order to offer them the best solution for their application.
As the ideal candidate you have your own customer portfolio and persistent sales tactics. With a proven track record of generating new business within the industrial automation sector you have sold electronic products over the past 3 years or more, preferably level sensors, switches and/or optical sensors. Ideally you have an electronic engineering degree, but a very firm technical understanding is a must.
- Generate new leads within industrial automation with a strong focus on process automation, machinery and manufacturing
- Build & maintain strong relationships with engineering and other non-purchasing contacts in order to specify our products in
- Understand customer requirements and propose them with the right solution to meet their needs
- Work proactively on RFQ's and generate sales offers through our ERP system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecast (PSI)
- Find and on-board new sales representatives within your sales territory
- Utilize CAPTRON's CRM system to manage day-to-day sales activities
- Attend sales, trade, and product learning meetings as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 3 years of experience in B2B sales (strong preference given for industrial automation and/or electronic manufacturing industry experience)
- Based in NY, PY, MA, CT, NJ, NC, or SC
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally about 50 - 70% of the time.
- Strong experience with CRM system e.g. salesforce
- Proficient in time and travel management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proactive sales approach to meeting and exceeding goals.
- Proficiency in apple products e.g. IOS numbers, pages would be of advantage
- Experience with level measurement products, switches and/or optical sensors would be of advantage
As a full-time CAPTRON team member, you’ll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it’s more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change. See for yourself here.
Then send us your full application including an up to date CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- industrial automation and/or manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- What commodities/products have you sold in your sales career?
Typical start time:
Typical end time: