SME is seeking a Senior Staff Engineer with pavement related project experience for a regular, full-time position with our Infrastructure Services group in our Shelby Township, Michigan office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting with pavement design and rehabilitation, recycled pavement design, storm water system design and maintenance projects.
- Assisting with geotechnical/civil services for industrial/commercial site development.
- Perform field condition surveys and pavement evaluations.
- Developing pavement rehabilitation plans and designs.
- Writing pavement design and evaluation reports.
- Assisting in developing plans and specifications.
- Assisting with pavement management program implementation.
- Collecting field data and observing pavement construction activities.
- Reviewing concrete and asphalt mix design data.
- Performing other related duties as assigned to assist the Infrastructure Services group.
- Assisting with other special projects.
Requirements for this position includes:
- A BS in Civil Engineering.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous Co-op/Intern experience and an interest in Consulting Engineering.
- Ability to read plans and specifications.
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
- A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner.
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects.
- Exemplify safe work practices and follow the company's compliance standards.
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand for long periods of time, work from heights and tight spaces and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Drivers License (Required)