Custom Home Sales Consultant
PrideStaff, a firm specializing in recruiting and staffing for companies in Central Oregon, is seeking a Custom Home Sales Consultant for a local home builder.
The Home Sales Consultant is responsible for systematically and skillfully work to qualify potential homebuyers, understand their specific needs and secure a home sale contract. The ideal candidate will 2-4 years of experience in residential sales, and be excited about working with green building materials in the Central Oregon area.
Home Sales Consultant Responsibilities
Prospecting and Marketing
- Network in the community.
- Maintain leads database.
- Track leads source for marketing.
- Coordinate Marketing needs with the Team.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the community lenders, realtors, architects, and developers.
- Contact all leads within 24 hrs of first contact (phone and e-mail).
- Qualify Leads and secure appointments with qualified buyers.
- Explain the green building process/ product line and refine the qualifications of the buyer.
- Participate regularly in job-related training for self-improvement and high performance building knowledge.
- Assist prospective home buyer with model selection or home design options.
- Secure Pre-Construction Agreements for design and contract development with qualified buyers if appropriate.
- Secure an Architectural Partner when desirable that fits a client’s budget and general aesthetic.
- Provide green building, energy efficiency and passive solar expertise to prospective buyers when appropriate.
- Work cooperatively with the architect/designer/draftsman and the prospective buyer to create final, client-approved home plan.
Home Buyer Contract Development and Quality Control
- Prepare Plot Plan with the homeowner after a site visit.
- Introduce Get Ready Checklist to home owner. Explain price protection if appropriate.
- Secure home buyer signature on the floor plans and elevations of the home prior to construction drawing, final selections, and final bids.
- Prepare Breakdown Binder. Work with the selections coordinator and construction manager to develop pricing and secure final bids for the home.
- Thoroughly explain contract and bid to customer. Build realistic expectations with home buyer. Revise breakdown binder as necessary with home buyer.
- Review breakdown binder with selections coordinator and construction manager for accuracy or changes. Coordinate error corrections and prepare final contract and breakdown binder for review prior to obtaining signature of the home buyer.
- Secure Sales Contract signature to close sale with home buyer.
- Prepare the homeowner for the building process; review realistic expectations; “post sell” the home building process.
Homeowner Customer Service
- Assist homeowner with home interior and exterior product selection by keeping highly accurate records of their desired home selections prior to singing a Pre-Construction Agreement or Contract. Assure comfortable transition from the home sale to selections coordinator & construction manager (contact names, telephone numbers, introductions, lists of desired specifications).
- Provide follow up to selection process, insuring accurate Change Order completion and integration with the Sales Contract & Breakdown Binder. Set up and coordinate all appointments that lead up to hand-off to the construction team.
Team Communication and Teamwork
- Share leads, pending sales, new contract pipeline summaries during weekly staff meetings
- Share qualitative information about each home buyer’s personality with the Selections Coordinator and the Construction Superintendent to assure appropriate customer service communication strategies and customer satisfaction
- Strive for monthly review and cross check of the contract accuracy and Customer satisfaction with weekly communication with the Construction Superintendent.
- Maintain a pleasant, helpful and honest interchange with all employees and subcontractors.
Home Sales Consultant Requirements
- 2-4 years in residential home sales
- Passion for green building
- Positive professional references
- Demonstrated work experiences creating an exceptional experiences
Job Type: Full-time
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment