We are currently looking for a Manager, Parts Quality Engineering to join our team in Smyrna, TN.
This role is located at the Smyrna, TN plant and will be responsible for the management of purchased parts from the south region used on vehicles manufactured in Canton, MS and Smyrna, TN. They will provide support to the plant for quality, cost, delivery, and safety related to purchased part engineering and quality issues. This position will manage a team of part quality engineers (PQEs) that are responsible for overall quality of supplier part issues identified at the manufacturing site and/or warranty. This manager will measure and lead overall activities to achieve purchased parts quality KPIs for the Smyrna PQE team.
- 7 years of directly related professional level engineering and or automotive industry experience; 2 years in a leadership role
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline or automotive manufacturing from an accredited institution required.
- Travel to supplier locations required with occasional overnight stays.
- Strong ability to multitask to keep the team focused on proactive activities while meeting reactive responsibilities that are tied to the immediate need of production.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, excellent verbal and written skills, ability to explain complicated technical material in clear and concise manner, manage all aspects of personnel issues within their work group including annual performance reviews and resolving any performance issues within the work group.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Smyrna Tennessee United States of America