Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,600 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Health, Environment and Regulatory System (HEARS) department has an opportunity for an associate level PL/SQL developer to support new and existing regulatory compliance applications. Focus areas to include chemicals, raw materials, formulas, products and batch production and consumption.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with management to generate quarterly work plans.
- Participate in recommendation of improvements to existing technical processes.
- Research tools and technologies and identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients.
- Research and implement related tools to improve development process.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Work closely with the business user community and fellow developers for project requests and support enhancements.
- Perform all levels of the SDLC: Use case development, Requirements gathering and modeling, development, QA testing, deployment and documentation.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Follow up with users to ensure projects were implemented successfully.
- Use version control tools for proper auditing.
- Utilize tools like TOAD for development.
- Understand and implement configuration changes
- Assist users with problems and resolve issues
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform unit testing
- Working with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in after hours 24/7 on call support.
- Travel 0-5% (domestic and/or international).
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 1+ years IT experience.
- 6+ months hands-on programming with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of basic requirements gathering and project management.
- Some experience supporting mission-critical systems.
- Some knowledge of Oracle – version 10g and above, SQL, PL/SQL (stored procedures, packages, pipelines, functions, triggers) and SQR reporting.
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting.
- Understanding of basic chemistry or paint and chemical industry.
- Proper written and oral communications skills.
- Responsive and alert to new learning and research concepts, ideas, and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Motivated and competent to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
- Participate in meetings and follow up with resulting action items as needed.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and assist in the execution tasks in a high-pressure environment as requested.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.