Growing Little Rock, Arkansas manufacturer seeking a Maintenance Planning Engineer to join our Welspun family A.S.A.P.! Welspun Tubular is one of the largest welded pipe producers in the world. We believe that employees are our most valued resource. Welspun provides a safe work environment, with competitive pay, and excellent benefits.
Responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes. Report to the Director of Maintenance for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct maintenance activities which results in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Planner is empowered to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan. In addition, the Planner provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving Preventive Maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and requirements. Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules may be subject to change in order to meet company needs and business requirements. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Ensure availability of critical stores and spares for LR plants.
- Track stores and spares consumption on monthly basis.
- Ensure PM and Breakdown maintenance is done 100% in SAP PM Module.
- Ensure annual maintenance contracts (AMC) activities are done as per plan and upkeep the records.
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all utilities (Compressors, cooling towers, water management) for LR plants is completed effectively.
- Monitor cost for all LR plants budget vs actual and prepare the variance.
- Complete local vendor development for improvement projects, spare parts alternative developments.
- Complete initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope and analysis required level of planning.
- Plan and execute projects, track to completion.
- Estimate work order task, time, and cost to perform the job.
- Plan jobs with appropriate level of details.
- Procure equipment and specialized tools required to perform the job.
- Plan proper parts to increase the wrench time.
- Ensure compliance information to package so the job is ready to execute in timely manner.
- Print and deliver work orders to team and supervisors to execute the job.
- Coordinate with management to prioritize the jobs and sequence.
- Keep history records of equipment.
- Participate in shutdown plan, scope of work, manpower, contactor, and risk assessment, coordinate.
- Participate in continuous improvement for process and maintenance.
- Maintain data requirement for API qualifications.
- Maintain QMS documents for maintenance.
- Communicate with internal vendors and create a week end plan for all the plants for execution.
- Prepare maintenance budget considering the business plan for each plant and tracking of budget vs actual once the budget is approved.
Note: Additional responsibilities not listed here may be assigned at times
- Have adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement, and skills needed to complete a job. Must have a demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
- Demonstrate good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to write and provide simple and accurate instructions.
- Ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledgeable of and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
- Must have a repetition which is respected by production, maintenance labor, maintenance management and store personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical or Equivalent. With 5 plus years of experience in Maintenance and 3 to 5 years of experience in Maintenance planning. Steel industry background preferred.
Should have sufficient knowledge of MS office, Excel spreadsheet, power-point and application of SAP.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Analytical skills to analyze the quality data and present them to management.
WELSPUN IS AN EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Utility: 4 years (Required)