IHC America is looking for entry level candidates to fill the position of Marine Engineer. IHC America is part of the Royal IHC group which has a vast history in the ship building industry. As a member of the IHC America team, you will help grow the local business leveraging the knowledge of IHC and your local knowledge and experience within the US ship building industry.
As a team member of IHC America, you will be working directly for the Engineering Manager to support the commercial and projects teams to develop concepts for the local market and to execute the engineering required to deliver local custom vessels. IHC America engineers will produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels tailored for the local market.
- Establish or assess project requirements and researching feasibility
- Planning and technically supervise the construction of vessels
- developing, specifying and estimating the conceptual design during bid phases
- Producing detailed designs of ships, boats and other maritime vessels using drawings and specialist computer software
- Knowledge on structural, hydraulics and mechanical systems
- Desired knowledge on electrical and electronics systems
- Developing and utilizing test procedures including computer modelling and scale models
- Interpreting and analyzing data and test results
- Define technical and procurement specifications
- ensuring adherence to appropriate health and safety legislation/standards
- identifying the need for, and supervising, vessel repairs
- writing reports and documentation
- Undertaking relevant research
- Providing technical advice
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Systems Engineer, Marine Engineering Technology or other related field.
- Licensing , certifications, registrations and post-graduate studies are a plus.
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge of hydrostatics, stability, hydrodynamics, construction, and strength theory
- Familiarity with US ship regulations;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
- At least two years of relevant work experience preferred
- Effective technical skills
- IT skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Cooperative and team engagement
IHC America is part of Royal IHC (IHC), a global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we don't stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across the globe. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
IHC America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Job Type: Full-time