Project Manager - Tooling
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working at Eckhart is an opportunity to directly impact the futureof American manufacturing. We are an Industry 4.0 leader committed todeveloping advanced manufacturing solutions that enhance the quality oflife. Our AUTOCRAFT™ autonomous guidedvehicles and FLEXCHECK™ collaborative robotic error-proofing systems lead themarket in reliability and dependability. Our suite of solutions includes AGVs, collaborative & traditionalrobotics, 3D printing, conveyance & automation, highly engineered weldfixtures, lift-assist & ergonomic tooling, and mechanical & electricalengineering services. Our solutionsimprove employee safety, product quality, and productivity at the largestcompanies in the world.
Eckhart invests in people because we believe it is our people whodifferentiate our solutions and our company from our competitors. For over 40years our company has committed dedicated creative minds to conceptualize anddesign custom manufacturing solutions for industry. Our customers span medicaldevices, food, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, automotive, industrialmachinery, commercial construction, household appliances, and farm machinery& heavy trucks. We thrive solving our customers’ most difficult problemsand find satisfaction when customers receive safe and efficient turn-keysolutions that enhance their quality of life.
Project Managers are responsible for managing customerrequirements/expectations regarding quality, cost, and delivery. Thisindividual will lead a team of project engineers, designers and detailers toapply sound engineering practices to design industrial ergonomic systems andautomated tooling. The individual must possess and apply working knowledge ofsolid modeling, layout drawings, functional specifications, and engineeringstandards. Our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceedexpectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Eckhart.
Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities
· Manage customer scope of work to ensure all contractualterms and conditions are met
· Design and/or coordinate design operations andensure standards and common practices are followed
· Monitor and manage quality, cost and timingelements of assigned projects
· Demonstrate professionalism in all activitiesand provide efficient service to internal and external customers
· Ensure continuous improvement of operations andprocesses
· Must be able to communicate effectively withco-workers and customers both orally and written
· Must be able to travel within the continental USand Canada
To perform this job successfully, an individual must beprofessional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptionalcustomer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictabledemands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite todelivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demandingcustomers.
· Experience and preferably proficiency in 3Dsolid modeling using programs such as Unigraphics, Solidworks and AutoCAD.
· Prefer strong ergonomic tooling or BIW assemblysystems automotive experience
A four year degree in engineering (Mechanical orElectrical), manufacturing technologies or a related field is preferred; minimumtwo year degree is required. Five years of project management experience willbe considered in leu of education.
Other Skills andAbilities
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: