***Express Oil Change and Tire Engineers is immediately hiring for a full time Automotive Mechanic / Automotive Technician ***
Unlike dealerships and independent automotive shops which pay on flat rate, we pay based on a team effort, and we hire the best. No cut throat shenanigans or politics here, just working hard for a fair wage and putting the customer first in every situation. We're a well established store that's been open around 12 years and has experienced double digit percentage growth every year since we've opened. We are seeking an automotive technician, skill level B+ to A+. Also, unlike dealerships, we do NOT have to fix EVERYTHING. I'm seeking a business minded technician. I want a technician eager to pinpoint the exact correct diagnosis, who enjoys tackling the "tricky" ones that other people have difficulty with, however, as a company I would rather be EXCELLENT at 95% of jobs available to us and turn away 5%, than PRETTY GOOD at 100% of jobs available to us. Meaning, I'd rather you turn away the wrong jobs that are a waste of time from a business perspective in the name of saving our time to fill our shop with profitable jobs. I've been quoted many times as saying "just because you CAN fix it, doesn't mean you should/have to".
Please, DON'T let the company name fool you! We are a full service auto repair facility just like any dealership or aftermarket repair shop. We simply ALSO happen to have an outstanding, professional, and informative "quick oil change" on the same property! If it's broken, and we/you are capable of fixing it, and it makes sense from a profitability standpoint, then we fix it! As our oil changer's explain it to our customers when they inform them of our mechanical department, "we do anything other than body work and rebuilding transmissions". Also I'd like to add that every technician I've hired that worked at a dealership prior to working with us, after two or three days they say "I know you said it, but I just had no idea you guys would be so busy and do so much different and in depth type of jobs". Operationally, for the most part, at this location we physically have two mechanical shops at the same location and for efficiency, we have broken down the types of jobs done in each shop...for the most part, the "tire shop" as we refer to it, handles ALL of the alignments, tire replacement, tire patches, tire rotations/rotation and balances, and NEARLY all brakes, shocks and struts, hub bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends/all other front end work... leaving the "A" level work to the "Service Department" as it's referred to. So, for the most part, this means that you won't be flipping tires and continuously doing brake jobs etc, in this position, you will be hired to figure out complex diagnostics, speed and efficiency on "A" grade work, such as timing belts, head jobs, rebuilding differentials, tracking down wiring problems, engine and transmission R&R, pulling dashes for evaporators and heater cores, tune ups, A/C diagnostics and repair, addressing EVAP leaks...we use AllData and Identifix, and we want the vehicle diagnosed and fixed right the first time.
Benefits of working at Express Oil Change and Tire Engineers:
- Highly competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance supplemented by the company for the individual employee at a 50% rate after 3 months, then at a 75% rate after 9 months, then 100% after 15 months.
- Paid vacation starting with 6 days the first year and increasing one day per year all the way to 15.
- Sick time allowed up to 3 days per year.
Responsibilities of Automotive Tech / Automotive Mechanic :
- Working in an environment that lives and breathes on strong ethics and a great reputation. We DO NOT expect or allow you to sell things to people when they don’t need them or to pressure a sale. We emphasize EDUCATING the customer about their vehicle needs and offering the sale to them.
- Diagnose the problem correctly the first time, giving a quote to the customer before performing the work, double checking your work after it's completed, and delivering the vehicle to the customer, proud that your name is on the ticket, standing behind your work and your diagnosis.
- We perform alignments, tires, brakes, hub bearings, shocks, struts, tie rod ends, ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, tune ups, timing belts, timing chains, fuel pumps, water pumps, radiators, belts, hoses, batteries, alternators, diagnostics, etc...
- Ability to work at a fast pace while doing quality work with very minimal comebacks.
Qualifications of Automotive Technician / Mechanic
- We prefer technicians who are capable of writing their own tickets and professionally interacting with the customers.
- Prefer ability to work on all different makes and models.
- Preferred that you have at least one ASE certification, even better if you are A.S.E. Master Certified.
- Required that you have your own tools, your own vehicle and license, drug free, and at least 5 years in a professional setting, and a great attitude!
Express Oil Change and Tire Engineers is an American automotive maintenance brand, with services including its signature 10 minute oil change, in addition to full-service mechanical, tires, brakes, and more general service offerings.
We have two stores in the CSRA, both of which are growing rapidly...one store holds a 4.8/5.0 on 277 google reviews and the other has a 4.9/5.0 on 92 reviews. That’s the #2 and #3 automotive repair shop in the CSRA from an online customer perspective, which nowadays, IS your reputation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- automotive mechanical: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's license (Required)
- ASE Certification (Preferred)
- Customer service
- Computer literacy
- Diesel engines
- Mechanic experience
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Basic computer and internet literacy
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Front counter work with customers, including payment collection
- Keep shop equipment operating (maintain, troubleshoot, repair, etc.)
- Use computer diagnostic equipment
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible