Occupational Safety Consultant
Please indicate job title in subject line of email submissions.
- You have a sense that you were born for a purpose
- You are passionate about workplace safety and health, and helping others succeed
- You have field experience, managing workplace safety and health
- You’re really interested in technology and gadgets!
- The idea excites you that you can use your workplace safety experience to mentor many organizations and positively impact hundreds of workers to return home safe at the end of the workday
- You would thrive being part of a successful and innovative organization that’s making its mark on the Canadian workplace safety landscape
- Inspired by purpose, 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions is a dedicated group of Safety Professionals and Software Programmers passionate about sending workers home safe at the end of the workday.
- Since 2010 we have been developing safety management software for small - mid-sized business for over 10 years
- Awards include Canadian Society of Safety Engineering “Excellence by a Group”, Canadian Safety Leader of the Year finalist, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust.
We have an amazing office that is centrally located just a few blocks from Osborne Village at the corner of Stradbrook and Donald.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Advise and coach clients to develop and/or continually improve their Safety Management Systems; perform audits, gap analyses, inspections, mentoring etc.
· Develop and improve written technical documents
· Perform safety consultations and SMS development with new/prospective clients
· Provide software solutions demonstrations and training to help clients implement / improve their safety management.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Key characteristics that describe you: optimistic, enthusiastic, resourceful, integral, high standards, accountable, deliver on your promises, collaborative, great communicator, coachable, and team player.
· Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in occupational safety and health specifically with experience in construction.
· A post-secondary education in Safety/Risk Management. CRSP and CHSC designations are an asset but not mandatory.
· Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
· Ability to cope under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Self-directed, results-oriented, able to work under tight deadlines
· Ability to plan, organize and maintain attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an emphasis on presentation and influential skills
What we offer:
· An amazing corporate culture and a supportive team committed to personal and professional growth
· Dynamic, rapidly growing, award-winning company with the opportunity for advancement as we grow
· Competitive compensation and generous benefits program
· Paid parking
Next Steps: If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please (briefly) outline the following 4 items (in 4 separate numbered paragraphs please):
· Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
· Why you are you a good match for this role
· Your “philosophy” on safety leadership
· Your desired remuneration (ballpark)
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
To learn more about us visit us at: www.1lifewss.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
We have a fully developed and graduated pandemic plan that adapts to regulatory and internal requirements as needed.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Safety and Health: 3 years (required)
- driver's license (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19