We're looking for a select few uniquely excellent software engineers to join our world-class team. PDTers are creative, energetic, friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative. If you could walk around our office, you'd see that we're a focused, intent, and nimble company with none of the attitude and bureaucracy of a stereotypical Wall Street trading firm. Our engineers love to work on challenging and complicated problems, and in return, they have a chance to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential.
Our standards for code quality are high, and our bar for the software engineers who write it is stratospheric. The most successful engineers at PDT move fluidly between roles over time. Engineering jobs at PDT have some different flavors with a mix of C++, Java, and Python focuses. Having said that, we're open to any OOP experience, so long as you're comfortable working in one of our primary languages.
In order to work their magic, our research scientists and software engineers rely on a suite of bespoke tools, libraries, and applications, running in a fast and stable research grid environment. It's this technical foundation that makes our innovative research possible, so we devote significant time and attention to getting it right.
- Be a partner to our researchers and software engineers by intuiting their needs, managing priorities, and building fast, useful, and reliable tech for alpha, signal, and portfolio construction
- Build and manage libraries and APIs, as well as the container, distributed algorithm, grid-abstraction, and calculation frameworks used by researchers. Provide a flexible, high-performance research environment
- Collaborate closely with our researchers, utilizing your skills in linear algebra, calculus, numerical analysis, and/or machine learning techniques
- Allow the scale, algorithmic complexity, and searing performance of our HPC grid to be accessible to a diverse set of research users and use cases
- Qualifications: 3+ years of professional software development experience
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-four-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT's very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Exceptional programming skills
- Experience designing fully automated, readily scalable, and highly reliable software systems
- Education or interest in a mathematical field preferred
- Knowledge of trading and finance isn't required
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science from an excellent academic program