Rhode Island Virtual Reality (RIVR) is looking for new volunteers to join our talented and enthusiastic community. If you’re passionate about Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), looking to meet new people with a common interest, or just looking for new and cutting-edge experiences to immerse yourself in, RIVR is the right place for you.
We’re looking for volunteers to assist with event planning, event execution, and web development.
- Generate skills and experience with VR/AR technology
- Meet other passionate and motivated volunteers and become part of a team
- Meet new people and build a network with like-minded enthusiasts and professionals in the industry
- Become a part of real-time projects with hands-on experts in the industry
- Experience new and innovative technology and have a chance to meet the developers of local VR products
Help Needed Where Applicable:
- Event Planning and Implementation
- Event Volunteers are requested to join events usually a half-hour early to help set up tables and chairs
- Event Volunteers are similarly requested to stay a few minutes after the event to help clean the hall and break down tables and chairs
- Event Volunteers may be requested to greet and buzz attendees in
- Event Volunteers may be requested to run the welcome desk and help attendees with sign-in processes
- Event Volunteers with VR/AR experience may be requested to run VR stations and help set up/ break down equipment * Web Development Volunteers are requested to update the website and perform basic maintenance
Recommended Skillsets and Interests:
- VR/AR knowledge, experience, or interest
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Willingness to arrive 15-30 minutes early to events to help
- Interest in working in a team environment
- Experience and desire for helping event attendees with VR operations, questions, or check-ins
- No VR/AR experience is necessary to volunteer with us, but it can be very beneficial for some roles
- Event attire is typically business casual
- Please feel free to bring personal business cards with you
- Training will be provided for all new members of the team.
Rhode Island Virtual Reality (RIVR) is a nonprofit organization that is looking to promote VR, AR, and MR technology economically, socially, and technologically. We meet once a month for our official Meetup as well as hosting and contributing to several more events a month. Our community is comprised of VR practitioners, enthusiasts, consumers, and those who are just curious.
We’re very excited at the opportunity to have you join our community. Please send us your resumes and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Rhode Island Virtual Reality
Job Type: Temporary
- Volunteering: 1 year (Preferred)