Fearless is looking for a DevOps Engineer to add to our diverse team of 100+ employees (and counting!).
What you'll be doing:
We're looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help. On this project, you will be working with 8-9 Fearless team members on a project for one of our existing clients. You will report to the team's Scrum Master and Tech Lead, but you will collaborate closely with all members of your Scrum team.
What you should know:
Why we're excited about you:
- This position is located in our downtown Baltimore office.
- This position has the flexibility to support some remote work / telecommuting
We need your DevOps Skills! Our teams typically work together to determine the right skills for the job.
What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We're excited about candidates who:
- Helping to solve data flow problems and performing end-to-end system integration tasks to include system design, development, and administration
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/technique dissemination to analytic workforce; demonstrating an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from experienced analysts to new analysts
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and frameworks, including but not limited to AWS
- The more open source the better!
- Have experience with large data architectures, understand big data infrastructure concepts, and understand how to navigate political red tape to get to the heart of any matter.
At Fearless, we believe in sharing knowledge, fresh perspectives, and unique interests as individuals and as a company, so we're also interested to know what makes you tick. We want to know where your interests and passions lie so we can all grow together.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we've established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what's next?
Over the years, we've honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we're the right fit for them. If we think you're a good fit, we'll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Cultural Interview ( https://fearless.tech/blog/2015/11/12/the-cultural-interview ) - We're a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you're passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don't be shy!
- Technical Interview ( https://fearless.tech/blog/2015/11/24/letting-the-techies-handle-the-tech-the-technical-interview ) - This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you'll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches ( https://fearless.tech/blog/2019/05/03/coaching-fearlessness ) and/or the team's Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview - At this point, you've made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you'll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i's, cross the t's, and determine whether or not we'll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you'll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package ( https://fearless.tech/careers ):
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It's our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That's not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That's why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we've created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won't discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment ( https://fearless.tech/about/people ) for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.