Do you want to work with a leading global software company in the data center industry experiencing double digit growth in each of the last 5 years?
Do you want to represent a modern data center software product that often beats offers from larger multi-billion dollar companies?
Do you want to represent a product that garners praise, kudos, and high marks from customers and industry analysts?
Do you want to work in an open office space and beat your boss in ping-pong and foosball?
Do you want to build a strong career foundation with a company that continues to grow and expand?
Are you competitive and want to win?
If yes, come join us!
- We are all about delighting our clients and live/breathe the end client/user experience
- We stock the office with soda, snacks, coffee, and tea for you to refuel throughout the day
- We have amazing PTO Policy that allows you to take care of yourself and your family
- We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance to eligible employees
- We believe in collaboration, teamwork, creativity and taking initiative
Interested? Read on for additional details about this opportunity to join our amazing team!
Sunbird (www.sunbirddcim.com), an established leader in Data Center Infrastructure Management, is looking for a Junior Ruby or Perl Software Development Engineer to join our development team. Our award-winning web-based solutions help our customers understand and manage energy consumption, environmental conditions and assets in their facilities.
Environment: Ruby, Perl, Shell, Linux, VMWare, AWS, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, and Github
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will be a Perl or Ruby software developer who enjoys automating server configurations, deployments, and other IT processes. The key responsibilities are:
Be an awesome Perl or Ruby developer (If this is you, stop here and apply).
- As part of a team, develop Ruby, Perl and\\or Shell scripts that allow users to easily deploy and configure our solution, run backups\\restores, provide high availability, and perform other administrative tasks in a Linux environment
- Troubleshoot operating system issues, configuration problems, authentication errors, and related software defects
- Help maintain servers and network switches in our server room
- Enhance and support our continuous integration environment (Jenkins)
- Ensure our solution is cloud friendly (Azure and Amazon AWS)
- Progressively learn new skills and languages
- Other tasks as needed
A candidate with any of the following will be at an advantage:
- Linux power user
- Knowledge of LDAP and Active Directory
- Experience with system administration and networking (IP, DNS, Routing, Etc..)
- Knowledge / experience with virtualization technology (VMWare preferred)
- Database management skills (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Cryptography technologies and certificates
- Knowledge / experience with containerization (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Must be a graduate of a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering program (or similar field)
Sunbird is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
- What is DCIM Software: www.sunbirddcim.com/what-dcim
- What are customers saying about Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/reviews
- Why work at Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Raleigh, NC 27606: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Linux: 1 year (Required)
- Ruby or Perl: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location