Designs and develops packaging for NAL products shipped to customers, and supports the development and implementation of NAL in-house packaging between manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Designs expendable and returnable packaging, as required, for NAL products shipped to customers in conjunction with customer requirements and method of shipment requirements
2. Develops vendors and obtains pricing for packaging designs in conjunction with NAL Purchasing.
3. Approves tooling design and costing for packaging designs
4. Develops NAL specifications for the testing of packaging in conjunction with customer requirements and method of shipment requirements to ensure integrity of packaging
5. Coordinates and conducts testing of packaging designs in conjunction with NAL Quality Assurance, customer requirements, and method of shipment requirements to ensure integrity of packaging
6. Ensures that the support documentation for packaging design is correct, and that it defines the purchase and manufacture of packaging designs
7. Coordinates and conducts training of manufacturing personnel in the assembly of each specific packaging requirement
8. Develops packaging standard parts and conducts packaging design effort toward target of standard part usage whenever possible
9. Defines and quotes new packaging requirements in support of Cost Estimating in the quoting and budgeting of potential new business
10. Supports NAL Quality Control in the research and correction of field quality problems with packaging
11. Performs all other duties as assigned
1. BS in Engineering or Industrial Technology
2. 0 to 2 years of related manufacturing experience
3. Packaging engineering experience in a Just In Time automotive manufacturing facility is preferred
4. Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
a. Analytical and problem solving skills
b. Technical writing skills
c. Organizational and planning skills
d. Business software packages, including MS Office
e. Written and verbal communications skills
f. Interpersonal skills — to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.